Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Bunny Doing the Twist!

woolly bunny, front side

You may not notice it at first. Look more closely at the photo above, especially at the position of the bunny's back paws. Then notice the front paws. The head and ears. See how they are twisted slightly to the right. You would think I altered the pattern to obtain this fun little position. NOPE! Believe it or not, it's all in the yarn!

The yarn is Brown Sheep's Lamb's Pride worsted weight, #M115 oatmeal. It consistently torques (twists) during the felting process. Why? I haven't a clue, but I love the result!

Here's the same little bunny from the back view. Is it a fluke, a one time creation? Not at all. I have used this yarn dozens of times for the Woolly Bunny pattern and get the same results.

woolly bunny, backside




So if you want a little 'jitter-bug' bunny of your own, try Lamb's Pride worsted. Let me know if you achieve the same results. I would love to hear from you.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, I would love to make this but I cannot for the life of me work with dp needles!!!!
    Nice job on yours!
    :-D

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! Love to hear your comments.