Monday, February 13, 2023

bee mine, valentine!

 

woolly sweet-hearts pattern

I love all things heart-related, especially chocolate! But right now I'm fasting from chocolate so I have to satisfy my 'sweet' tooth other ways this Valentine's day. And one of them is through knitting, of course.
 
marie mayhew hearts knit pattern
The Woolly Sweet-Hearts pattern is not new but I never tire of it. They are so quick and easy to knit and felt up, and a sweet experience to embellish. 

I like using wool batt to stuff my hearts because once stuffed, I throw them back into the wash for a swish or two to felt them further. The wool batt shrinks with the heart creating a firm, sturdy shape that lasts years and years. The wet heart can be molded like clay. And if further detailing is needed, once dry, the little heart can be needle felted further to perfection. That is a rarity, but it is always an option.

marie mayhew designs wool candy corn pattern
woolly candy corn pattern

This year I wanted to combine the hearts with my Woolly Candy Corn pattern for my table display and decided to share it with you. I love the Woolly Candy Corn pattern for its flexibility of color choices, always able to coordinate with the various seasons and holidays throughout the year. I have woolly candy in every color and size, so I can pull them out and add them to any display!

Make small ones using wool sport weight yarns and size 7 dps, or large ones, using wool worsted weight yarns and size 10.5 dp needles. So simple, embellished or not! But a little embroidery and buttons will go a long way. That special gift for all those dieters in your life. Treat them this Valentine's day with the gift that keeps on giving, year after year. Happy Hearts Days!

Happy knitting!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Love to hear your comments.