Friday, October 18, 2013

woolly snowman kits are here!

woolly snowman kits
My snowman kits are finally put together and available for sale!

The kit has all the makings for one large or small snowman, complete with pattern, yarn and more. I have included a clay carrot nose in each kit to give a different texture. I love the clay noses because they hold their shape year after year. The scarf is knit using Frog Tree alpaca yarns to create a soft and fuzzy neck warmer. You will definitely have some cream yarn leftover to start another snowman!

Don't forget to brush your snowman after felting with a nap riser brush. I have found that it softens the felted wool and fluffs up any yarn even if it doesn't have alpaca or mohair in it. It also helps to hide some of the imperfections from the felting process, especially when using creamier or whiter yarns. Nap riser brush is not included in the kit.

The snowman pattern, kit and nap riser brush are all available for sale on my Etsy shoppe: Marie Mayhew Designs Stop by for a visit!


To mark 10 years of woolly snowman making, I have created a gold sticker and placed it on each pattern sold this year. Thanks to all those that have knit & felt snowmen for the past 10 years. It's been woolly fun!

Happy knitting!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on Anniversary 10!!! Wow!

    I am so, so glad to have found you a coule years ago. Your brilliant patterns have kept my fingers busy ever since. One owl and two pussy cats in various stages - all for Christmas gifts.

    The snowman kit is a great idea. I wish you success with it.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! Love to hear your comments.