Monday, August 27, 2012

woolly beehive skep


The third newest pattern! They are all at the printers and will be available September 1st, 2012. I am excited to share them all with you.

This little beehive has so many possibilities. I will be showing more samples in the next few weeks after the patterns are released. Stay tuned!

The beehive pattern comes in two sizes: small and large. The small felted beehive measures about 3-1/2 inches tall and the large, about 5-inches tall.

In the olden days, beehive skeps were baskets made of grass or straw. They were used for housing a colony of bees as they produced their honeycomb. Now you can knit and felt a whimsical small or large beehive as a tribute to the hardest - the honey bee!

Speaking of honey bees, I am going to be selling the bee pins and buttons, as shown above, on my Etsy shoppe. I love these bee pins! They come from Just Another Button Company. Each pin and button is made from polymer clay with whimsical detailing. Stay tuned!

Happy knitting & felting!



1 comment:

  1. You have done a great job on the bee hive. Wow!

    But as you know, I have been waiting til the Matryoshka pattern appeared in the shop!!!! And it has! and I just ordered it!

    Still working on gnomes - but just HAVE to have the Matryoshka pattern!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! Love to hear your comments.