Sunday, September 28, 2014

gettin' in the pumpkin mood

harvest pumpkin
I have been writing a book, have I mentioned that before? The book's distribution is scheduled for next spring, but first we have to go through winter again. Argh! But I digress here.

I have been busy writing, revising patterns, and taking photos for this book and looked up to notice the leaves changing color already. Pumpkin time! Have you felted a pumpkin today?

'Fright Night' Just Pins
The pumpkin in the photo was knit using Berroco Ultra alpaca yarn. It felts beautifully. I left a long tail at the end of the stem and let it felt like that. The attached vine look is what resulted. The pins are from Just Another Button Company, their 'Fright Night' set, are they not perfect for this pumpkin? I have one set available for sale still in my Etsy shoppe, but can get more.

I am in the works for selling a limited supply of black pumpkin kits this fall. A black pumpkin with a funky green stem and brown florist's wire for a curly vine. And either white felt or yarn to needle felt "BOO!" on its front. I will keep you posted. Don't have a photo yet, still working on the sample, but soon.

Happy knitting!

2 comments:

  1. A black pumpkin kit or halloween pins? the kits should be available early next week. I will announce it on here and Facebook for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! Love to hear your comments.