Wednesday, August 28, 2013

a new kind of spider!

embellished harvest pumpkins
Notice the spider in the left-hand corner? I am not a huge spider-fan in my everyday life but I do LOVE beaded spiders like the one above.

This spider came from a kit I bought at my local bead store several years back. But I recently found a tutorial on how to make your own beaded spiders that looks easy to follow so I thought I would share the link with you. It comes from the blog, Shawkl Designs, and the author gives great step-by-step instructions with photos to help.


Once I get my son off to college, I will be attempting these eight-legged little guys myself. I have so many beads around here I probably don't need to even go out to buy more!

The spiders look so 'pretty' (if that is even possible) and natural on my harvest pumpkins as well as the woolly pumpkins too. They add dimension and texture to the wool which I just love! Hope you have fun making a spider or two yourself! Make them in Halloween colors (orange and black) to get you in the harvest mood. Enjoy!

Happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Love to hear your comments.