Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Little Bit of Blarney!

woolly leprechaun
Every year I need to introduce my little leprechaun to those that might not know him yet. He is created using the Woolly Gnome & Mushroom pattern and a few changes. For those that don't know, I have a free PDF download with all the changes for turning your little gnome into a little leprechaun. For that download and others, go to my website, Marie Mayhew Designs.

woolly mushroom
To help celebrate Saint Paddy's day, I found a fun snack mix with a bit of a twist, Thin Mint Puppy Chow! The recipe is adapted from the blog, Shugary Sweet. I made a few changes to include ingredients I could find in my local grocery store.


thin mint puppy chow

16 ounce chocolate Candiquik (for making almond bark)
4 ounces mint chocolate chips
a drop or two of peppermint extract, optional
2 cups powdered sugar
box of Crispix cereal
1 bag (8 ounce) mint M&M's (could never find these)

1) In the microwave, melt chocolates together for one minute, stir and continue melting in 30 second intervals until smooth.

2) Empty the box of cereal in a large mixing bowl. Pour melted chocolate mixture over cereal and gently fold until the cereal is good and coated.

3) Add the powdered sugar to an empty brown grocery bag. Spoon in the chocolate cereal mixture. Seal the bag and shake well until the powdered sugar has coated the cereal completely. Pour the mixture onto a cookie sheet and allow it to cool for about 20 minutes. Combine green M&M's with cereal, if you can find them, and serve. Enjoy!

My kids loved this minty puppy chow! My daughter brought it to her youth group and one young man ate most of it. He said that typically he can't eat puppy chow because he has peanut allergies and most recipes call for peanut butter. This recipe contains no peanut butter.

Happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Love to hear your comments.