Monday, February 18, 2013

woolly snowman knit-a-long

woolly snowman
To help celebrate Woolly Snowman 2013, the 10-year anniversary of my Woolly Snowman pattern, I am conducting a KAL (knit-a-long).

I have bought my yarn and am ready to begin knitting today. On my Ravelry group, that's woolly something, I will share the details and tips along the way. Come join my group to stay in touch!

First off, I will be knitting my Woolly Snowbaby pattern but changing it out slightly. That is, I am going to make a large snowbaby using two strands of worsted and one strand of Frog Tree sport weight all carried together. I will use size 13 dps, rather than size 8. We'll see what the end result will be.

I am experimenting on the snowbaby because I am curious how the felting will turn out. I want to try it on the tall snowman pattern to create a LARGE one, door stopper-size. I will post plenty of photos along the way.

Happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Love to hear your comments.